Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Whole Idea

I decided several years back that I wanted to see all 50 states. So my best friend and I bought 2 road maps and planned out our grand adventure of seeing every state. The problem with this idea? Well we were both young, single, poor girls who barely had money to pay the rent so traveling the entire US well, it just didn't happen.

Jump ahead a few years later- I'm married, make a decent living, and have a husband who loves to travel. So the plan came back into my head but now with a different partner in crime...Rudy. Don't get me wrong I would love to still travel with my friend but of course as every responsible adult can tell you, you grow up and even though you still love your friends dearly it's almost impossible to ever get your schedules to come together. Work, kids, family, marriage all seem to make your best friend take the back seat. Even though they are still constantly in your thoughts.

Rudy and I have already been to a few exciting places Vegas, Disney World (a few times), Washington DC, and Fort Worth a billion times. But it wasn't until this year that we decided to truly start tackling the 50 states. Now granted we've already been to several states together as a couple and individually but we want to wipe the slate clean and start from the top. Now we know that if we go in order of where we'd like to go, well all the great places would be done in 10 years and the last few years would be rather shitty. Therefore the logical thing to do was to go in alphabetical order of course!

So hold on, this could be a wild ride....

No comments: